Thursday, March 4, 2010

Goodbye Curls

A few months ago Kai's hair started to show signs of curls and I was so excited! I have always dreamed of having a curly haired kid. I thought with my husband being Japanese and having the straightest hair ever I would have absolutely no chance of that happening. I dont have curly hair but my brother and some other extended family members do.
Well the problem is Kai's hair is really only curly after bath time. Then he takes a nap or goes to bed and wakes up with mostly straight hair again. I kept holding out that it would turn more curly because he looked so freaking cute for the short periods of time when it was actually curly. Well, people strated commenting at church or even the grocery store that its starting to look like he needs a haircut. Finally I gave in and I am a little disapointed that I did. I cut all my boys hair and it was haircut day for Kenta, Noah and Eli so I decided to do Kai's also.

BEFORE:




AFTER:


He doesn't look like my baby anymore, he looks like a little boy!
What do you think...Curly (even though its not always curly), Mohawk, or flat?
Whatever though..... he is still such a stud! =)

8 comments:

Jen said...

wow, he's getting big! I can't believe how much he's changed! I love his hair both ways, he is such a cute little guy...but I especially love the mohawk! :)

Maren said...

Totally love the mohawk! It is so cute. I am having the same dilemma for Lev: he needs a trim, but I'm afraid of losing those curls.

Mary said...

The haircut does make him look older! He's super cute though! I'm diggin' it!

Raquel said...

I'm sure it was sad to cut his curls but I think he looks cute with his mohawk! He's getting so big!

Nicole said...

Aww. I can totally relate! It's like suddenly in that moment your baby is gone and in his place is a beautiful little boy, whose not a baby anymore. Maybe we just live in denial until forced to embrace reality. He's a gorgeous boy though, they all are!

heidi walser said...

awe the curls are gone.. but my little nephew is still so handsome.

Dehner Family said...

I feel like I haven't seen you forever! He looks so cute with his haircut - all styles are adorable!

Benielle said...

Oh my gosh! He is not a baby. Is he as good of a toddler as he was a baby? He just keep getting more adorable.