Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just some more craftiness

March's card club was held at Kristen's house and the theme this month was Thank You cards. It was a fun night as always. It's always nice to hold conversations with people over the age of 4. Don't get me wrong, conversations with my kids are quite entertaining at times, but every girl needs to have some "girl talk" sometimes =)
Here is the cute fun card Kristen came up with for our "make & take"Here is everybody else's cards

Cathy's...our new clubie =)

Raquel's
Kim R.


Amy's
Mine

Sherry's

Danielle's


Now since this is a crafty post, I wanted show off this rag quilt I just made. My friend Raquel posted one that she had made on her blog a while back and I thought it was so stinkin' cute. I had been wanting to make Kai a baby blanket for a while. Noah and Eli both had baby blankets made for them by some friends and family and Kai didn't have his own baby blanket yet. So thanks to Raquel, who showed me how to do it, I made my first rag quilt....GO ME!.... =) Thanks so much for teaching me how to do this Raquel ! It took about a week of cutting and sewing during nap times and a few late nights but now baby Kai has his own baby blanket =)


This is the back of the quilt

It was alot of work, but I love how it turned out and I think I will be making many more of these in my days. =)

10 comments:

Raquel said...

I LOVE the quilt! It turned out so cute and much better than mine! It makes me want to make another one to redeem myself.

sarah and jeremy said...

Hey! Your baby blanket is awesome. I have no idea how you did it. My sister in law is talented too. She made me one when Avery was born and I LOVE it!! Way to go!!

Jen said...

The quilt is absolutely adorable! The cards are cute, too.

Lauren said...

So cute! I want to learn how!

Dehner Family said...

That quilt turned out adorable. LOVE IT! The cards, as always, look awesome. There you go putting me to shame again... I need to stop reading your blog :)

Mary said...

That is a seriously cute quilt! Love the cards too!

BTW, my mom and I are going to convention again this year! I can't wait!

Katie Busken said...

You never cease to amaze! What a super cute quilt. I love the fabric colors. You'll have to share your new talent with me!

Jennifer Kendall said...

Love the cards and love the blanket! Good job!

Karson and Kami said...

Aw, I love the new picture of all your boys as your header!!! You and Kenta sure do make cute babies!!!

Great job on the blanket..you're so talented when it comes to arts & crafts!!

Maren said...

I love the quilt! And the cards. You are so talented. You are probably GREAT at Enrichment! I on the other hand, am not so crafty. I am trying to learn how to crochet... very slow going. Also, I did read your post a while back about Eli's destructive tendencies with markers. I laughed my head off and sympathized, because Ace is TOTALLY the same. I have already taken marker off of: window sills, dining room chairs, upholstery, a white dresser, and a pair of my flipflops to name a few. The fridge is just the latest in a trend. He also has an obsession with my mom's makeup which has ended up all over my bed, on the walls, on doors, on her clothing hanging in her closet, etc. Tons of fun. Good luck to you! I hope we both survive it. It gives me some hope that Noah doesn't have the same tendency - maybe my Lev will not do it either... We can dream!
Miss you! -Maren