Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cedar Point

We have lived in Ohio for almost 4 years and have never been to Cedar point until 2 weeks ago. For you non-ohioans Cedar Point is one of the big amusement parks in Ohio. This one is in northern Ohio in Sandsuky. Cedar Point is on a narrow pennisula jutting into lake erie. It currently holds the world record for the most roller coasters, one of which, The top thrill Dragster, is the world's second tallest and second fastest roller coaster. Reaching speeds of 120 mph and a height of 420 ft. INSANE I know!!
We wen to cedar point with my parents ,my brother Jackson, my brother chance and my Sister in law Jessica, and then my sister mollie and her boyfriend Tyler.
This was also my boys first time at an amusment park, so they were sooooooo excited!!
I spent most of my time taking the kids around and they were having the time of their life!

Later in the day Eli surprisingly took a nice little catnap.

Moster truck ride...we did this ride 3 times (myself included)!




Uncle Chance and Eli on the boat ride.....

Auntie Jess and Noah =)
Kai spent most of the day in grandpa's arms=)...Have I ever mentioned that my kids have the best grandpa in the entire world! Seriously dad your the best =)
Did I mention how crappy the weather was that day. The high was 65 degrees and it was raining off and on all day! I had to buy all the boys jackets and my mom carried this blanket in from her car and wore it around when it was raining.... Brrrrrrrrrr....
Daddy and Eli in the swings
Kenta,Eli,Chance and Noah up in the bus.. They thought that was pretty fun!
Here is the SCARY Dragster roller coaster I mentioned earlier. My people are actually on that one I took the picture of,Jackson said he was excited but I could see him fighting back the tears...lol.. just kidding jackson =)


Chance and Jessica trying not to freak out!

Mollie and Tyler also trying not to freak out! Although Mollie did kind of freak out. She was pretty much hyperventalating and I even saw a tear or two =(..I dont blame her though, you could not pay me enough to go on that ride!! SO good job little sister and everybody else!!! =)


Here are all my brave people after they survived the dragster! =)


Here is kenta and I sitting on the sidelines while everyone else was waiting in line for the dragster. Kenta would have gone but he didn't want to leave me alone for an hour
waiting for everyone to get done with the roller coaster. My parents were off with the kids at that time.
We had a good time and will probably make it a yearly event to go. But going there made me realize what a scaredy cat I have become. I would not go on half the roller coasters there. What happened to me in my old age!?

6 comments:

Brookie said...

cutie pie family kimmy! travis and i are moving to eagle mountain (lehi area) so not too far away.

Raquel said...

Oh, I just love that place! It makes me so sad that I won't be able to ride those rides when I go with my sister soon :( Oh well, there's always next year!

sarah and jeremy said...

HOW FUN!! I totally would go on that ride! I love it! You guys are lucky to live so close to something so fun....I'm a little jealous

Kristina said...

I would have totally gone on it too. Probably peed my pants, but hey it's all in good fun.lol
What a fun place to go. Wish we had something like that here, all be still have is dang lagoon.

Mary said...

I love Cedar Point but won't be taking my kids there anytime soon! Greg doesn't like rides too much.

Jennifer Kendall said...

We lived there for 4 years and never made it to Cedar Point! Looks like a fun day.