Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween weekend

A week and half before Halloween we all got sick one right after another with the swine flu. At first I didnt think it was that but when Noah and Eli starting coughing up a lung and they were sounding terrible I took them to the doctor. Their doctor tested for H1N1 and sure enough it came back positive. Oh lucky us! Columbus is a big college football town and on Halloween there was an OSU game so they switched treak or treating to the thursday before halloween. We were all feeling a lot better by then but not 100%. The kids were all ready to go trick or treating but I didnt want them to spread there germs around to much. But we decided to let them go trick or treating at grandma and grandpas house. By Halloween on Saturday we were feeling 100%. Well except for Kai had a runny nose but he was acting like his happy self again. So Chance and Jess invited us up to Toledo to stay with them and go trick or treating in their neighborhood. I warned them about the sickness we just recently had but they stilll wanted us to come. We drove the 2.5 hours to see them and we had a fun relaxing weekend with them. Lots of playing in the leaves, carving pumpkins, going out to eat, playing cards, staying up till 1:00 a:m watching scary movies and of course trick or treating!! Thanks guys for letting us com play with you. =)

Kai's little friend for the weekend was little pablo who just could not leave Kai alone! Carving some pumpkins...again....


Playing in the leaves for hours!!!


This is right before we went trick or treating. It was a pretty cold evening so good thing their costumes were warm!



I really hate this picture of me because I look so freakin' ridiculous. But I have had some family and friends request to see us all together in our halloween costumes. Kenta and I thought we would be cool this year and dress up with the kids when we went out trick or treating. We obviously did the Wizard of Oz theme. Kai is suppose to be a flying monkey but I forgot his wings. We had so many people compliment us and complete strangers asking to take our picture for some weird reason. I think it was because Kenta looked so awesome! The only thing I loved about my dorothy costume was my red glittery shoes! I was just trying to be a team player =)
TRICK OR TREAT!!!


Our pumpkins all lit up
Cutest little flying monkey ever..don't you think?

Hope everyone had a fun Halloween!

3 comments:

Raquel said...

I'm so glad they got to go trick-or-treating! You guys look so cute all dressed up! You make a darling Dorothy! Very creative!

Jen said...

Glad you are all feeling better and that the kids got to go trick or treating. I think the family costumes are great- I love the idea!!

Jennifer Kendall said...

LOVE the costumes..... thanks for putting yourself in a picture!! You make a perfect dorothy.