Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stir crazy kids!

Is everybody's kids going as stir crazy as mine!? It has been ridiculoulsy cold so we have had to find new entertainment inside the house, so that the boys and myself won't go crazy!
The boys have been having fun dreesing up like super heros and indians. My wonderful friend Amy made these adorable capes for the boys for christmas. One side is superman and the other side is batman. They love running around in them and flying off of the furniture. =)
Thanks again Amy!

Here they are as little indians/railroad conductors =)

Noah has been asking to go camping for weeks. Since it is obviously way to cold for that they had a little campout in the basement with daddy.








I have been trying to think of just little things to entertain. The kids are sick of playing with the same old playdough and coloring. So I went and bought some fingerpaints and a few other kids crafts at micheals. The fingerpainting is by far their new favorite thing.
Notice Eli's side of the counter ( a mess!)and Noah's side of the counter(nice and clean). This happens every time. Eli can not contain the paint to paper, he must also paint his face,the counter and the walls. This paint is washable, so its not a big deal. He just makes me laugh , he is so funny. I wonder all the time what is going on in his little mind. =)


Kai is such a good little guy. This is what Kai is usually doing while Noah and Eli are causing chaos and making messes.


If anyone has any fun ideas to entertain 2 rowdy boys, please share!

8 comments:

Dehner Family said...

Looks are you are doing a great job being creative and finding things to do. My kids are feeling stir crazy too. We just want the pool to open :) I always just let my kids run around naked (in underwear of course). That always keeps them happy when we are stuck inside.

Sarah said...

You are a great mom! I might have had a movie marathon by now. We have been enjoying record highs in Colorado so we have been able to get out and play at the park, sorry. Anyway you could always make home made play dough and then have them play with it. That is bound to take a least an hour or two.

Lund Family said...

Looks like you are doing a great job at entertaining your kids. Go to familyfun.com, they usually have great ideas. I am so glad that you found me. -k-, I feel really bad, but I don't have your phone number in my phone, I know you called me before Christmas, but I need it again. Please e-mail me because I want to call and talk to you!!! My e-mail address is ashbing82@hotmail.com

kristi said...

so much fun although it is hard work for mom! Great job and I will let you know if I can think of anything else. Come over to my place anytime! We will see you tomorrow!

Karson and Kami said...

Awww, I just want to pick Kai up and cuddle him! He is sooo precious!!!

As for the other 2 - they are stinkin cute, but they do have a lot of energy so I can only imagine what it was like by these photos haha. Love the indian outfits, they made me laugh. You are a such a fun mom though, I bet they just love these times hanging out at home with you.

Jennifer Kendall said...

Wow!! You guys are doing so much already. My kids love domino's... we stack them up in a row and then knock them down (the domino affect). Huge hit!! I let my kids put on swimsuits and go swimming in the tub, and building forts is also way fun. But it sounds like you guys are having a great time! Kai is soooo adorable, I could just smother him in kisses!

Shawn said...

Camping in the basement sounds like my kind of camping! I have to agree that it's tough to keep the kids entertained right now, but it looks like you've got it totally under control. I need ideas on how to keep myself from going stir crazy!

Cort and Amy said...

Glad to see the capes being used:) Can't wait till Will is doing stuff like that, or maybe I can wait:)