Thursday, February 26, 2009

Why, why, why!?!?



WHY does this child of mine INSIST on coloring everything except for what he is suppose to?
Noah never did this, he always colored on paper or whatever I gave him. He never once colored on a wall or his clothes or the table. Eli on the other hand, colors on whatever he think needs some sprucing up I guess. No matter how mad I get and no matter how many time outs he gets, he just could care less what I have to say. This has been an ongoing battle for a while now, I just am SOOOOO over it. He is ruining everything! When ever I get stuff out for them to color with at the table, I guess he secretly stashes some crayons and markers away everytime because I dont know where he finds all this stuff. Here are a few examples of some of the destruction that has happened in the last little while.

Chalk on the coffee table ( not a big deal, washed right off)



Pen on the back of the barstool ( i have tried everything to get this pen off the chair, it's ruined)




Peramant Marker on the wall ( this I have to paint over)




Marker on the heat vent. ( Doesnt come off, I have to replace it)



crayon on the door ( have not tried to clean it yet)



Crayon ALL over the slide attached to Noahs bed. (This luckily came off)



Crayon on his bedroom wall (have not cleaned this one up yet, (hopefully a magic eraser will work!)

Pen on Kenta's soccer ball
That is not all, he has also colored and ruined bed sheets, clothes, blankets, toys, oh yes and we cant forget himself, he is alwyays coloring on himself.



Eli is ALWAYS keeping me on my toes. I guess we will just say he has a "Free Spirit" =)

But likeI said I am SO VERY done with this destructive phase he is going threw.


7 comments:

Erin said...

Lol.. Sorry, I just stumbled across your blog and had to laugh because my youngest is going through the same phase and just as you said, his older brother never colored on anything but paper! Just today I watched as he went from drawing on paper right onto on his jeans.. while I was sitting directly in front of him the entire time staring in disbelief. He saw me watching him, knew it was not okay, and did it anyhow! Oh, and then the other day he colored half of his face in black marker.. oh, the list goes on! Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I can sympathize with you. :)

kristi said...

use hairspray for the ink on your chair. I think it is the alcohol that gets it out. good luck.

Karson and Kami said...

Whoa, this scares me for kids haha. I'm going to have to have all these things on lockdown in a vault becuase I'd probably lose my mind if I found my child doing this haha.

Hey, at least he's cute :) Makes it much harder to stay mad at the little guy.

Kristina said...

Hey girl, this is Kristina Bastow how the heck are you. I saw you from Sarah's blog and had to say hello.
Boys are the best, but then again a handful. When Brock was little markered his whole room, I mean the WHOLE room, 2.5 years later there is still marker in some places that I couldn't get out.
What a cute family you have, and that family pic you look so stinking pretty in it.
Check out my blog of me and my cute boys.

Caty said...

Kimmie, Sorry about that, but mine put hair dye on the carpet. Know how to get that out? As for the marker, nail polish remover comes right off! Xander also did that on the wall, electrical plug cover and tile floor, as well as the wall. Just finished the repainting when he put the dye on the carpet. Kids are so fun!

Love ya, Caty

Wendy said...

Hummm, I have the same problem with Kaya. Now to add to all that she is climbing everything in site.

Sonja said...

I'm sure you know about it, but in case you don't--Magic eraser is the best for crayons and markers on the wall. Have fun!