Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Craziness!

So I know this is not news for all you Ohioans but I have to explain to my other readers what us here in columbus have been dealing with this week.
Sunday afternoon we had a strong wind alert. Apparently we were getting the remnants of Hurricane Ike. Nobody was prepared for what was about to hit us! Winds up to 75 miles per hour. Trees were taken out everywhere! If a tree did not break in your yard you at least had branches everywhere. Our power went out at about 4:00 p:m on sunday, along with 2 million other ohioans (not exagerating).....Anyway long story short is we got our power back after 32 hours without power. And we were definately one of the lucky ones. I think we were some of the first people to get it back. There are still so many people without power and it has been 4 days now. These are some power lines right in front of our friends the Buskens home. We are so happy they didnt snap all the way in half and that they still have a house!Luckily we only had 2 small trees at our house go down. They will make for good fire wood this winter =)The kids had a fun time helping us clean up all the mess after the storm.Reading in the candlight before bed =)We have this fun fire pit on our deck so that was fun entertainment the 2 nights we didnt have power.
I am SOOOO thankful no trees fell on our house and Yay for Electricity!! =)

7 comments:

Mary said...

It was crazy! I really like the fire pit on your deck. That's awesome!

Sonja said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy. I love your kitchen--you are super ambitious! Your kids are sure cute and you are so lucky that Raquel is teaching preschool.

ThE fRoNkS!... said...

Oh my heck, I am just glad you guys are ok. That is scary. I am impressed, I don't know what I would do with out power for that long.

Jen said...

Looks like you made the most of it! Glad you didn't have to go too long w/out power. How cool that you have a firepit on your deck!

Anonymous said...

now oyu know what we are dealing with in GA we had 4 hit us in about a 2 week spand. but because of it we have no gas to buy and things are still shut down. anwyay i am glad you are all safe. i love you!

Caty said...

You are such great parents! I am proud of you. You were able to handle a crazy situation and make it look easy. An Aunt couldn't be prouder. Caty

Karson and Kami said...

Wow, sounds kinda scary! Glad you are all okay! I love love love your firepit. I can't wait to get one once we have our backyard all landscaped this spring! Looks like a fun place to hang out!